Introducing Our Pool Deck Overlay Solutions
Pool Decks - Miracote pool deck solutions combine beauty and durability. Our sealers, primers and decorative concrete overlay systems have years of in-field application and testing behind them. Each is engineered to hold up against water immersion, UV rays, chlorides, carbonation, abrasion and various climate conditions. Choose from extensive colors, textures, patterns and finishing techniques for a stunning pool deck that will stand the test of time. Learn More>
Miracote Synthetic Aggregate
Miracote Pool Decks
Why Coat a Concrete Pool Deck
Sealing a pool deck with a protective overlay might seem like an unnecessary process, but it can save you from a great deal of stress and inconvenience. Here’s why:
- Properly applied concrete pool deck coating keeps swimmers safe from hazards. If the deck of your pool doesn’t have an overlay, it could undermine the condition of the concrete. Cracks, for instance, can manifest and cause a problem with swimming pool facility users. People could accidentally stub their toe or cut their skin when they step on a sharp, cracked concrete edge.
- A sealed pool deck means greater savings. If you’re unable to maintain a concrete pool deck properly, water could find its way to the untreated cracks and accumulate behind the pool walls. This excess water can damage the structure of the swimming pool, shift the soil, and cause a pool leak. Repairing these leaks, unfortunately, is expensive. You can expect to pay hundreds of dollars just to fix the problem. The good news is you can avoid these costly repairs by coating your deck and performing regular maintenance on the swimming pool.
- A coated pool deck prevents a swimming pool from looking shabby. By taking the time to restore your concrete deck, you can make the pool appear just like new — minus the expensive cost of replacing an old deck with a new one.
What to Consider When Applying a Pool Deck Coating
If you’re set on resurfacing the deck, here are a few things you should remember before embarking on this project:
- Clean the deck thoroughly before applying any type of concrete overlay. If you find any major chips or cracks in the cement, get it fixed before you do any resurfacing.
- Keep the coating material away from the water. You can either use a pool cover or drain the water completely during the resurfacing process.
- Spread the coating material evenly onto the deck. Allow it enough time to dry.
Get in touch with us if you have inquiries about our range of pool deck overlay solutions.