Miracote MiraPatch DP is a thin-section, rapid-hardening composition that is flexible, resilient and easy to clean. MiraPatch DP produces an extremely durable, low cost, yet attractive appearance. MiraPatch DP can be installed over concrete when pre-smoothing or pitch is required. Typical thickness up to 1 1/2 of an inch (38 mm) are easy to achieve. MiraPatch DP is light in weight and at approximately 1.2 lbs. per square foot. It can be used in the widest ranges of climates and is offered in slip-resistant profiles. MiraPatch DP is supplied as a light gray powder.
Important characteristics of MiraPatch DP are its extraordinary adhesion coupled with its ability to withstand prolonged pedestrian and vehicular traffic. In these respects the material is far superior to conventional cementitious coatings used to resurface old or worn concrete.
MiraPatch DP provides a tough retardant coating, which substantially reduces or prevents water penetration, freeze thaw, scaling and concrete carbonation.
Where to Use
- Rapid setting
- Rapid hardening
- Faster cure speed in cold whether versus standard repair mortars. Cures rapidly, as low as 45° F.
- Just needs water. Reduces mixing errors.
- Reduced storage space
- Freeze-thaw stable
- Can be pulled to a feather edge
- Thickness above 1 ½ inch can be achieved by incorporation of pea gravel.
- Can be applied to vertical and overhead surfaces.
- Water Demand 4 to 5 quarts/50 lb bag
- Bond Strength ASTM C-932 Modified) 200 psi (No priming)
- Water Absorption - Weight gain by 4" coated concrete cube after 21 days water immersion (CMHC) <2% ME 8211-09230 (2" material cube, immersion 48 hrs) 8.79% ASTM C642 1.61% Volume of permeable voids 5.07% - Water Vapor Permeability ASTM E96 1.95 Perms/inches - Freeze/Thaw No scaling, peeling, flaking Coated concrete cylinders immersed 8 hrs. in Saltwater solution followed by 16 hrs. freezing, 50 cycles - Weathering ASTM G153-04 60 cycles, No visible degradation (Weatherometer - Method 1 Procedure) - Resistance to Wind Driven Rain @ 5" water or dampness Fed Spec. TT-C-565-B On back of text panels - Compressive Strength ASTM C579, Method A 5000 psi - Shore Hardness ASTM D-2240 Durometer "A" >90
- Impact Resistance MIL-D-3134, Para. 4.7.3 (2 lb. steel ball Dropped from 8 ft. height onto coated steel plate No cracking or detachment
- Flammability ASTM E84 Flame Spread 4 Smoke Density U
- Tensile Strength ASTM C307 465 psi
- Initial Set ASTM C266 2 hrs.
- Final Set ASTM C266 6 hrs
- Flexural Strength ASTM C580 >1,000 psi
- Shrinkage ASTM C531 <0.2%
- School Cafeterias and Kitchens
- Bottling Lines
- Mixing Lines
- Bakeries and Dairies
- Meat Packing Areas
- Assembly Lines
- Loading Docks
- Control Rooms
- Pool Decks
- Kitchens and Bathrooms
- Patios and Balconies
- Garage Floors
- Shopping Malls
- Automobile Dealerships
- Stadium Concessions