Miracote MiraFlex Membrane A is a unique polymer emulsion waterproofing designed for use beneath ceramic tile, marble, quarry tile, below grade, between slab and under Miracote composition floors and decks.
MiraFlex Membrane A is recommended for tank lining in potable water drinking systems. MiraFlex Membrane A is based on a styrene butadiene latex that dries to form a tough, water and vapor resistant film. The latex is water based, environmentally friendly and does not contain any solvent. It is non-toxic and can be used in conjunction with potable water.
Applied by roller, trowel, spray or squeegee, MiraFlex Membrane A offers water protection together with excellent adhesion and is more resistant to impact than most membranes. It is applied to floors and molded up onto bases, over curbs, etc. without the use of any adhesive other than its own composition. Among the surfaces Membrane A can cover are concrete, tile and metal. For wood surfaces, consult Crossfield Products Corp.
The final thickness of MiraFlex Membrane A is 25 mils dry (standard application, two applications of 23-25 mils wet) and 30 mils dry (polypropylene fabric reinforced). Laboratory tests have established that MiraFlex Membrane A will bridge concrete cracks up to 1/8″ (3.2 mm) at temperatures as low as 0°F. However, prudent design would assume that the product can be expected to bridge a crack of up to 1/16″ (1.6 mm).
Where to Use
As a waterproof membrane directly under seamless composition floors (Miracote or other), ceramic tile, quarry tile, marble, etc. For application as mechanical equipment room waterproofing or computer access floor waterproofing for below grade or between slab applications, consult separate Crossfield Products Corp. specifications.
Alternate Railing Mounting Foot Plate
Flanged Deck Drain
Plywood Deck Edge Metal
Concrete Deck Edge Metal
Plywood Substrate at Wood or Metal Stud Wall
Structural Grade Concrete Substrate at Wood or Metal Stud Wall Without Fabric
Structural Grade Concrete Substrate at Wood or Metal Stud Wall
- Forms a monolithic, tightly adhering, molded membrane across floors and up bases, curbs, etc.
- Environmentally safe, VOC compliant.
- Reduces reflective cracking caused by substrate movement.
- Thin section does not interfere with building elevations.
- Unlike sheet goods, fluid applied membrane can easily be applied to irregular shapes.
- Quick drying – Touch dry in 1-2 hours, fully dry in 12 hours.
- Choice of colors.
- Waterproofness No passage of water
Resistance to passage when subjected to 27.7″ head of
Water (hydrostatic pressure of 1 lb/ft) for one month.
- Elongation ASTM D638 580%
- Tensile Strength ASTM D638 345 psi
- Bacteria & Fungus Resistance ASTM G21 Passes Rating 2
- Adhesion in Peel to Concrete 8.3 lbs/in width
- Moisture Vapor Transmission ASTM E96 2.04g (Grams/sq. meter/24 hrs)
- Crack-Bridging ASTM E836 1/8″ opening @ 77°F Pass (No rupture)
- Hydrostatic Resistance ASTM D751 Procedure B Passes
- Permeability ASTM E96 0.013 perm/inches
- VOC 6 g/L
- School Locker Rooms and Restrooms
- Plant Locker and Shower Rooms
- Pool Decks
- Kitchens and Bathrooms
- Patios and Balconies
- Shopping Malls
- Stadium Concessions